Wednesday 26 November 2008

So the dog has pathogenic e-coli… Yes, that’s what I said: ‘Do what?!’. Just when I thought we were reaching the end of the daily pre-school vet visits, schlepping over to the surgery with two kids, one dog and a bag of sh*te (he’s been growing poo cultures), the vet calls me up to break the news. And how does ones dog pick up pathogenic e-coli? From eating other dog’s poo. Lovely. I always knew Tiggy was a dog of very little brain but I did like to think she had enough common sense to disregard her own or any other faeces. Apparently not. . So now I am administering daily pro-biotic tablets hidden in a lump of cheese as well as everything else which means I can’t go near the fridge now without her following me with her tongue out and a pleading look on her face. Yes, the dog likes cheese. Still I shouldn’t complain, it’s healthier than poo,

Meanwhile it is a winter wonderland here in Budapest. I am so miffed I don’t have my own skis because the park where Tiggy and I walk each morning is knee deep in snow with some cool looking slopes. A couple of joggers have swapped their Nikes for skis and it looks like lots of fun. Still, I have found other ways to amuse myself; I built two snowmen yesterday. While the kids were at school. Do you think I have too much time on my hands or what? I did achieve something useful at the same time, namely clearing the driveway and patio of snow, but I confess that was a bi-product of the snowman building. I’m not sure what came over me but I just had to have one! Tiggy thought I had gone completely mad, rolling huge balls of snow around the place, but she’s getting quite adept at catching snowballs in her mouth now. Pity she still can’t give a stick back when she’s fetched it or walk past doggy do without snacking but you can’t have it all can you?

1 comment:

  1. Lucky dog used to love cheese too... not sure where that fits into a natural doggie diet but there you go. They were obviously out of the same mould.

    Daren
    x

    ReplyDelete