Friday 6 February 2009

I’m not stopping long, I’m just here for a quick gloat – the BBC news says that England is struggling with extreme snow across much of the south; well I am here to let you know that I have just been sitting out in my garden basking in glorious warm sunshine. Ha! I know it won’t last but I am particularly grateful today because I have raging flu and I’ve been stuck in bed for the best part of four days this week. Yes, real flu, none of this ‘man-flu’ palaver; the proper bone-aching, shivery-feverish, throat-burning, head-pounding, wall-to-wall snot-fest variety. I am actually up and about today having reached such depths of boredom in my pit that I even turned off my Friends DVD earlier. And whilst Nobby would never actually ask me the pertinent question, having learned early on in our shared parenthood how to keep his family jewels intact, it is obvious around the entire house exactly what it is I (normally) do all day. Because since I haven’t been doing it we are now knee-deep in dog-hair, waist-deep in dirty laundry and not even big-toe-deep in food because the fridge is completely bare. I’m not sure I’ve a very good case for getting a housekeeper as I am not very often ill but at least I’ve rammed the point home once again that I’m not a ‘lady-what-lunches’ I really am a Perfect Housewife!

Now I am off back to the sunshine and a large Lemsip. As you were.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love reading about other expat women. Budapest - how lovely! We visited once and loved it all, especially the baths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's a bit warmer here but I wouldn't say we could 'bask'. BTW, when you stare at your blog then look down at the keyboard it's quite hard to see anything but the imprint of your words!! Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have no idea how I got here... but here I am! this is so funny, although poor you with illness, etc... jealous of your sunshine. It is pouring down here and grey and miserable... hope the lemsip and sunshine work their magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome LWM, I've popped in to visit you in return.

    Hi Expatmum, I find the same thing with the white lines afterglow, I think I need to change my colours to something easier on the eye now you've noticed it too!

    ReplyDelete