Wednesday 8 April 2009

Boing!

Spring is here.

I know because my nose is streaming, my face is itching, I can barely get 5 minutes of regular breathing between sneezes and my eyeballs (yes, the actual white bits) have swollen up. Furthermore, I am losing the power of normal speech; Nobby and Me will be brought to you today in the total absence of the letters ‘m’ or ‘p’, presented by ‘Bubby’ who will be talking about Bobbet and Bickle.

I have a spider bite on my shin already which is rapidly expanding to look as though someone squished a strawberry on my leg. I just pulled 3 ticks off the dog and Pickle hit the hard drugs this morning as he’s starting to look hay feverish.

But, you know, it all looks so pretty outside with the blossom on the trees and the daffodils and tulips. I dried 3 loads of laundry in the sunshine in 2 hours flat and everyone is happy and jolly now that they’ve been able to finally stow away the snow-boots and ski-jackets for another year. The birds and the bees are doing what birds and bees do, and Poppet has had three proposals of marriage this week.

Spring has definitely sprung. Ah-choo!!

3 comments:

  1. Spider bite!! Eeek.

    Daren
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will come kill your spiders!!! Bring them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been squirting saline up my nose and it's done wonders. You can buy all sorts of cheap kits to do this, but you're basically squirting clean, saline water up one nostril and it comes straight back down the other. It's amazing how much it cuts down on the rubbish that gets trapped up there!!!

    ReplyDelete