Thursday 1 March 2012

Girl time

I abandoned my hectic schedule of cleaning and shopping to go visit my sister today. She had a day off and was supervising her own workmen at her new house. Ok, we all know that means she was on tea and coffee duty. We live slightly parallel lives at the moment except that she took on a bigger project than me and she has a real job to go to to escape the madness from time to time.

Quick aside, I handed in a job application today. See I am capable of extracting that finger so there.

Both sisters have had new front doors but while I'm already putting up curtains she's knocking walls out, fitting RSJs and posting suggestive status updates on Facebook about all the stripping she's doing. (Wallpaper, mucky brain!)

They've nicknamed the house 'The Money Pit' possibly because when they tackle one seemingly simple job, a couple of extra ones pop up and sky-rocket the bill. Such as when the electrician came in to move a single light switch and discovered that behind the plaster and under the floorboards the whole place was a death trap having been wired by a DIY enthusiast with as much clue about wiring as I have about open heart surgery. Apparently there were live wires just sitting in the open next to pipe work; they were lucky not to get fritzed across the room when they went to turn on the taps.

We had a nice little jaunt to the local cafe to escape the dust and noise before I had to head back to reality and go collect the squids from their Street Dance after-school class. They're pretty good at it now, Pickle is learning how to stand on his head in preparation for some head spinning, once he's stopped falling over. Poppet has a new move which she says is 'like putting your guns in their holsters.' ... Yup, my head was spinning right there without the aid of a crash mat.

So I'm off into town tomorrow to have a word with the officious person at a well known jewelry shop who reckons that the only possible reason my necklace has not made it through its warranty period unscathed - the crystals have been falling out - is because I must be wearing it wrong. Right, we'll see about that. I'll let you know how this pans out.

1 comment:

  1. Schedule time and what we can do. The streamlining is necessary and you can complete the necessary work.

    ReplyDelete