Saturday 14 June 2008

Small Talk part 2

Strike that, here I am again. I’ve gotta tell you this one. I had just finished Blogging this afternoon when the doorbell rang and in walked another removal company representative to estimate how long it will take to cram all our worldly goods into crates and schlepp them across Europe. The last one was a wee bit reminiscent of a Bond villain, complete with dodgy accent but minus the white cat, much to Tiggy’s disappointment. This one, however, to coin a Little Britain phrase, Ooh ‘e was GORgeous!! And he spent a whole hour going through my drawers, phnarr. Actually, since the cleaner was just on her way out as he arrived everything was pretty much tip top, no knickers lying on the floor, no piles of washing-up in the sink. But I had completely forgotten about the toy display in Poppet’s bedroom.

She and a little friend disappeared for over an hour on Monday, so engrossed were they in their game. They only emerged to ask me for some string. I thought nothing of it at the time and handed over a whole ball. I am not sure what Mr Gorgeous made of the resulting array of Barbies, each beautifully dressed in her best clothes, hair coiffed to perfection, and each tied up and gagged at the end of Poppet’s bed, but he never said a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment