Monday 11 July 2011

Pickles joke corner

Q: What do you call a sea creature who goes to the loo 8 times a day?
A: An Octopoos!

Q: What do you call a man with a cat on his head?
A: Claude!

Q: What do vampires have for lunch?
A: Just a quick bite.

The boy is on top form lately, whenever he comes up for air from one screen or another. Now that school is out for the summer he is getting up promptly at 7am and heading off into cyberspace on the computer, DS or Wii until I drag myself up at a more civilised hour and start negotiations to get him back into the real world.

The irony is that I had to drag HIM up at 7am every week day for the past year to get to school on time. Little bugger.

The end of school was a complete whirlwind and I can't believe I have completed a whole year's teaching already! I've also now completed a week teaching at summer school - an experience guaranteed to wipe out even the most energetic activities co-ordinator. We had a pirate theme for the week and most of us lost our voices from all the 'ha-haaaaaar!'-ing every day but luckily a bottle of rose on my terrace on friday night when it was all over proved effective medicine.

Today we are off to another summer camp but this time I am a participant and not trying to coerce anyone else into having a good time. We are doing pottery each day along the theme of 'Bugs, Beetles, Birds and Butterflies' so even Pickle may find something he wants to make. He could create a new breed of Pokemon Beetle or a Super Mario Butterfly.

As I type he is too tired for the Wii so he is watching a YouTube video of someone else playing Super Mario on the Wii to learn how to do the game! I can't decide if that's smart or stupid. Does it count as background research? Or should I be booking him into Gamers Anonymous? Given that he keeps giggling out loud it's clearly entertaining. Now is that because Mario is doing backflips or is the crazy American dude providing second-by-second commentary teaching him rude words? (I'd vet it myself but I think I'd rather eat my own spleen.)

I think I'll try to distract him back to reality with a spot of breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment